Organized by the European College of PRM, with the scientific support of the ESWT SISC of The European PRM Society (ESPRM).
Duration: 1 December 2019 – 31 March 2020
Accredited by EACCME with 24 European CME credits.
Course coordinators: Nikolaos Barotsis & Elena Ilieva
Faculty: Nikolaos Barotsis, Elena Ilieva, Henk Stam, Regina Stemberger
Participants Eligible to attend the course are physicians (either trainees or specialists) practising in the field of musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
Level: Beginner: basic
Modules: the course will comprise the following modules:
- Introduction: History, Physics, Biological effects
- Therapeutic application of SW:Indications, Contraindications & Side Effects, US guided ESWT.
- Upper Limb applications:Shoulder, Elbow
- Lower Limb applications: Hip & knee, Ankle & foot
- Special applications: Bone healing, Myofascial pain syndrome, Wound healing, Spasticity.
Outcomes: The participants upon successful completion of the e-Learning material will fully acquire the theoretical knowledge for safe and effective application of ESWT. The e-Learning material provides the required up-to-date evidence-based data for the clinical application of Shock Waves in musculoskeletal disorders. Participants who will successfully & timely complete the activity will receive a certificate of Theoretical Competency in ESWT and the EACCME certificate of CMEs.
Registrations and detailed information can be found at www.prmcollege.eu.